Solum is committed to maintaining the privacy of our customers and other users of our site. We comply with data protection laws that are applicable in respect of data processing within the UK. Solum is the entity that determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data.
This privacy notice sets out how we collect, use and protect your personal information and your rights in relation to your information
What type of data do we collect?
As part your registration of interest in a Solum property it is necessary for us to collect and process personal data about you. Categories of personal data that we collect includes:
- Personal details (for example, your name, date of birth)
- Your contact details (for example, your address, phone number and e-mail address)
- Data contained within identification documents
- Financial information
- Former addresses
- Current and former employers
- Former names
- Credit history
- Processing CCTV footage
In those cases where the information we hold about you was not provided directly by you, that information will usually originate from other property companies or other organisations (such as lawyers) that you provided information to as part of your property search or purchase.
Where you have provided personal data about someone else (such as a joint applicant) then you must first obtain their permission. This policy will apply to the data that you have provided about them.
There may be occasions where we may need to share your personal data with the other applicant.
How will we use your data and why?
Your personal data will be stored, processed, used and disclosed by us in the following ways:
- To facilitate your interest in a Solum property
- To identify you and carry out money laundering checks
- To better understand your servicing and marketing requirements and to provide you with information about our properties
- To answer your questions and enquiries
- To improve our business and the service we provide
- To send to third parties for purposes necessary for a purchase of a Solum property
- To carry out our obligations arising from any agreements between you and us
- For market research purposes
- For processing CCTV footage
We must have a legal reason to process your personal information. This will usually be one of the following:
- consent to market our properties to you according to your preferences
- to meet our legitimate interests to facilitate your interest in our properties
- to comply with our contractual obligations in the event that you enter into formal arrangements to purchase a Solum property
- necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject or to take steps are the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract.
- To comply with legal obligations imposed on you, such as KYC rules/money laundering checks
If you do not want us to process your data, then we may not be able to facilitate your search or purchase of a Solum property. We will not conduct any automated decision making about you.
Sharing your information
We may pass your personal data to third parties for the purpose of facilitating a potential purchase of a Solum property or for purposes necessary following the purchase of a property. This includes:
- Professional advisers involved in any potential transaction, such as solicitors
- Organisations for purposes necessary for the purchase of a Solum property such as a credit reference agency or warranty providers
- Property maintenance companies
- Utility companies who supply services to the property or to the Local Authority for Council Tax
- Companies for purposes necessary for contacting you and marketing of Solum properties based on your expressed interest in one or more of our developments
- Companies working on our behalf to provide an “out of hours” service to you
We may share your data with regulatory, law enforcement or fraud prevention agencies if we are legally required to do so or where legally permitted under the Data Protection Laws.
We may share you data with HM Land Registry, HMRC, lenders/potential lenders and any other persons authorised by you to have access to your personal data to potential recipients.
Personal data may be shared with other members of the group, as well as any purchaser or potential purchaser of any or all of the Group or our professional advisers (including legal advisers and auditors).
How is my data safeguarded?
The security of your data is important to us. Access to the data is only provided to our staff and other third parties who need access to enable us to assist you in line with your specified interest in Solum properties.
We have in place security measures and require any third parties acting on our behalf to implement similar measures, to protect the security of your personal information and keep it confidential. We review these measures to make sure they are appropriate. We cannot guarantee the security of any third-party application you may use to transmit your data (for example, internet browsers).
We may transfer and process your data outside of the UK. Where your personal information is to be transferred outside the UK we will ensure that any transfer and subsequent processing complies with the legal requirements contained in the data protection laws, including ensuring measures to ensure that there are appropriate safeguards to protect your information. If you require further information about any international transfers, please contact our Data Protection Officer.”
Your personal data will normally be retained for 6 years from completion of any transaction or interaction between you and us, except where we are legally required to retain this information for longer.
You have rights regarding your personal information, including the right in certain circumstances to access, correct, delete, withdraw consent, restrict or object to our use of it. We would encourage you to inform us if the information we hold about you is no longer accurate. We may need extra information from you to deal with any request. If you would like to discuss or exercise these rights, please contact us at email@example.com.
In the event that you have cause for complaint please contact us and we will follow up to resolve this. If you have a data privacy related complaint, you also have the option to direct your complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
Links to other sites
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to other websites (for example our payments processing system is provided by Worldpay), mainly those of our partners and clients, but also those of other third parties. We are unable to accept any responsibility or liability for any usage of, or any information uploaded onto those third party sites. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
What are ‘cookies’ and why do we use them?
Solum Registered Office
2nd Floor, Optimum House
If you would like to contact the Data Protection Officer, email firstname.lastname@example.org